Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Kite Runner

I know I'm about two years late on reading The Kite Runner but I tend to stay away from things that are hyped up during the hype because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. But I did hear so much about this book, including a certain person whose opinion I truly value, so I decided to read it.

I started yesterday while we were waiting at the doctors office and I really got into it. I read about 100 pages while we were sitting there and it was absolutely nothing like what I thought it would be. Also I didn't realize that it was a fictional story and not an autobiography.

As naive as it may sound I was taken back by the modern life that the main character leads. I'm just starting to get into the section of the book where the problems start. So I really wish there were a few more hours in my day because the school books have to come first, even though they are a lot heavier to carry around with me!

No comments: